The Reason Why Good SEO Is More Expensive
A professional SEO company will always make sure there are no existing issues on your website. They will optimize your whole site and not just the index page (main page) as a lot of the cheap SEO guys do. They make sure they use legitimate on page techniques and they will ensure your partners & peers are linked to your site correctly. As well as that, they will advise or conduct legitimate methods of link building which are not in violation of any Google guidelines. It stands to reason that this will take time. Thereâ€™s a lot of research and hard work that goes into it.Â Far more work than the automated and nasty methods we outlined above.
How to Choose an SEO Professional
Here are a few things good SEO professionals should talk to you about at your initial meeting:
- They will explain their overall business and marketing strategy and how SEO fits in to this plan.
- They will explain how they will complete a technical and structural review of your website. Some of the issues they will be looking for would be messy code, inability to update the site with fresh content regularly, if thereâ€™s too much flash used on the site, proper meta tag structure, if a site map is installed and many other issues
- They will explain that they intend to start the project with in-depth research on keywords for their competitiveness and relevance to your business and market. They wonâ€™t just use the ones you want as they might not be the best ones for your site.
- What role you play in the project. Unfortunately, you cannot hand the complete responsibility over. You need to be in regular communication to review the progress made and toÂ tweak and refocus when required
- They will show you how they measure and report your results. This should include visitor numbers, conversion rates etc. They will check to see if youÂ have Google analytics or Google Webmaster tools set up on your site and if not they will ask you to have them set up or they can do that for you as part of their package
- How they will use social media. This now plays a major part in a successful SEO campaign because of sharing signals from all the various social media sites such as Twitter, Facebook and LinkedIn
- What content strategy they will use as unique content is now crucial for SEO
- How much they charge. Be warned though, they won’t be cheap, but they will have case studies and testimonials to back it up their results for other companies
There Are No Short Cuts
There is no such thing as cheap SEO. I don’t like to burst anyone’s bubble but it’s the truth. If you still think that paying for cheap SEO is not necessarily a bad thing, it’s only a matter of time then before you get one of these emails from Google informing you they have detected some ‘unnatural link building’ on your site. Usually when you get one of these, your rankings would have dropped quite dramatically. Hopefully you will never see one of these but true SEO professionals get told about these by prospective clients whose websites are in big trouble all the time. Have a read:
Dear site owner or webmaster of http:/xxxxxxxxxxxxxx.com.au
We’ve detected that some of your site’s pages may be using techniques that are outside Google’s Webmaster Guidelines.
Specifically, look for possibly artificial or unnatural links pointing to your site that could be intended to manipulate PageRank. Examples of unnatural linking could include buying links to pass PageRank or participating in link schemes.
We encourage you to make changes to your site so that it meets our quality guidelines. Once you’ve made these changes, please submit your site for reconsideration in Google’s search results.
If you find unnatural links to your site that you are unable to control or remove, please provide the details in your reconsideration request.
If you have any questions about how to resolve this issue, please see our Webmaster Help Forum for support.
Google Search Quality Team
That email was sent by Google to this particular company and they asked me to have a look at their site. It was so far gone that there was nothing we could do. It would have taken hundreds of hours to ask for all those spammy links to be deleted from all those blog networks so it just wasn’t a viable option. Their only option was to delete the whole site, register a new domain with a .net.au extension. Their original .com.au one they had for many years. Then they had to rebuild their site, let all of their customers know their new web address, change all their stationary, business cards and accounts. Their mistake was to use a CHEAP SEO company from overseas! This exercise cost them more than it would have to employ the services of a real professional SEO company for a whole year. Is this something you want to happen to you?
If you pay a very low price for Web design, SEO, or social media, you will end up paying somewhere later on. Your site will be penalized. Your accounts could get blocked. You will eventually have to spend the time whether itâ€™s countless hours fixing a so-called â€œprofessionalâ€™sâ€ stuff ups or trying to recover your reputation. Those measly cents saved will cost you all the same and more in the long run. Remember the company mentioned previously? Don’t be the next one toÂ receiveÂ that email.
Thank you for visiting.