Why Your Online Reputation Should MatterÂ
Online reputation management for your business is crucial.Your online image is NOT just your business website. There is much more to it. Google says this:
â€œYour online identity is determined not only by what you post, but also byÂ what others post about youÂ â€” whether a mention in a blog post, a photo tag or a reply to a public status update,â€Â –Google
What Exactly Is Your Online Reputation?
In a nutshell, your online reputation is made up of everything about your business that exists online. The range of materials that could potentially impact your businessâ€™ online reputation is broader than you might realize at first. Here are just some components of your online image:
- Comments made about your business on social media such as Twitter or Facebook
- Images about your business online
- Videos about your business (Good or Bad) on YouTube and elsewhere
- Posts and articles published online about your business
- Geo-location information broadcast through services like Foursquare
- Comments that others make about you in social media or in blog posts
- Images of your business that others publish on social media
Even what people say in an email or through instant messaging could potentially be copied and made public.Â In fact, if youâ€™re beginning to feel like virtually anything that others do on the Internet could become part of your businessâ€™ online reputation, then youâ€™re starting to get the picture.
Now throw in the mobile internet and smart phones, where people can read and write reviews from anywhere. You can see how a bad review about your business will hit harder and spread faster than ever before.
Why Online Reputation Matters to Local Business
Many local businesses have found themselves in the unenviable position of being lied about, falsely accused, slandered, and attacked online. Itâ€™s a growing problem.Â The cost is immediate, staggering, and long term.
Here are some common internet search facts you should know about:
- Â 95% of internet users do not search past the first page of search engine results.
- 80% of internet users research a product on the internet before purchasing.
- 72% of those that research will not buy if thereâ€™s a negative comment
Online Reputation Management Is Essential
Online Reputation management is essential these days.Â Everyone has a mobile phone that is internet capable and check reviews before spending their money.Â That’s where Reputation Management specialists come in. Â We can help you protect, broadcast, and if needed repair your online reputation, get more positive reviews, and maintain a strong online presence. As Benjamin Franklin once said:
â€œIt takes many good deeds to build a good reputation, and only one bad one to lose itâ€
He knew Â a thing or two about business.
If your online reputation is important to you, and you would like to build a positive reputation online, please contact us. We would be happy to answer any questions you may have including about our local seo services and web development.